Studying abroad is an adventure that builds self-confidence, valuable skills, and global perspectives on your major. There is no better time in life to travel, meet people from around the world who share your passions and goals, experience foreign cultures, taste new foods, and grow in your understanding of the world.
In searching for a program that fits your major, interests, and budget, consider the potential for job-related training, research, or accelerated language study. Do you want to take classes directly at a top-rated university? Or maybe a multi-site or internship program is a better fit.
Whether you join our program for four weeks or a full year, in a big city or in the forest, we are confident you’ll love it. This is your study abroad.
Find Your Program >>
Not UC Davis?
Regardless of your income, you can reduce costs by planning around a realistic budget and lifestyle.
We’re committed to helping you benefit from study abroad. To that end, we’ll work up a budget for you that includes everything from books and shampoo to tuition and airfare. For questions along the way, we’ll assign you a personal advisor.
With our UC-integrated finance system, any existing UC financial aid will also be adjusted to include your study abroad. Exclusive to UCEAP programs, you’ll remain eligible for UC Cal and Pell grants as well as our scholarships.
Last year, we offered 24 programs abroad that cost less than equivalent terms at UC Davis. Careful research in selecting your destination can mean thousands of dollars in savings for you and your family.
On average, the weekly cost of studying on UCEAP is only 4% more than studying at UC Davis (living off campus). Depending on the term abroad, your campus will assess additional fees (download current fees).
Get Budget Help >>
Not UC Davis?
We’ll help you every step of the way with the tools and advising you need.
To get the most of your experience, it is best to start planning as early as possible.
Application deadlines are generally 6-9 months before departure dates. All degree-seeking, UC students are eligible to apply.
Steps to Study Abroad:
View Upcoming Deadlines >>
- Use our Study Abroad Builder to find the best program for your major, interests, career goals, and budget.
- Once you select a country and program, you can access specific application instructions.
- Register for a MyEAP Account to fill out and submit the online portion of the application.
- See our application tutorial for help completing each section.
- Submit your complete application and accompanying documents in person to the UC Davis Study Abroad office by the deadline.
- We accept qualified students on a first-come, first-served basis within the application period.
- You should receive a status update by email approximately one month after the application deadline.
Not UC Davis?
We’re ready to help you plan your study abroad trip.
Our advising team is on hand to support you with academic planning, finances and scholarships, travel and housing, and more. You can meet in person with a UCEAP advisor on campus or direct questions by phone, email, or online chat through our website (1-4 pm weekdays).
Visit our office at UC Davis:
UC Davis Study Abroad
Contact an Advisor >>
International Center, Suite 1120
Phone: (530) 752-5763
Monday–Friday: 9 am–4 pm